Operations · Dublin 2, Ireland
Jaja is a consumer finance business, launching its first product, a digital credit card, in 2018. Since then it has grown rapidly and has recently completed the acquisition of a £530m credit card portfolio from the Bank of Ireland. With backing from several major Private Equity funds, Jaja has an ambitious growth strategy that includes providing consumer finance in partnership with leading consumer brands, with a number of partnerships secured alongside an exciting pipeline of opportunities.
Jaja is on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time, and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Description of the Business Unit
The Operations team is responsible for making sure that Jaja customers receive fantastic service in a simple, efficient and effective way.
We do this by working closely with our third party suppliers which provide customers with first line support across Customer Services, Debt Management and Fraud to deliver great a great customer experience, complimented by a small team in Dublin who deal with more complex queries and complaints, and constantly reviewing processes and policies to reduce friction and automate wherever possible.
Purpose of the Role
The Supplier Manager role is integral to ensuring that our customers are getting the very best service that they can from our first line third party and that the relationship with them is managed effectively with the appropriate amount of governance and oversight.
What’s the opportunity?
You will work in a dynamic fast paced environment, delivering a significant change agenda for a business that is shaking up the Consumer Finance industry. Working with a passionate set of colleagues who excel at delivery you will have a varied and interesting portfolio of activity that is not constrained by the status quo.
NOTE that the focus of this role will be on our first line servicing third party, TSYS although will also comprise oversight of other key third parties.
- Develop, implement and manage supplier management strategies across a number of suppliers
- Full end-to-end strategic supplier management, including the identification of opportunities for process/customer focused improvements and following those through to delivery
- Operational oversight of third party administration, including internal reporting requirements, governance and control
- Daily, weekly, monthly review with suppliers on operational performance, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve performance
- Defining and Negotiating new and amended Contractual agreements with suppliers
- Monitoring agreed third party SLAs & KPIs, escalating any deviation from established performance levels and overall oversight of supplier performance
- Conduct monthly third party service reviews, track operational performance & agree actions
- Reviewing service levels to ensure demand levels are being met and great customer service is being consistently delivered to our customers
- Attendance to on site performance review meetings with suppliers as per framework
- Participate in the review and recommendation of operations systems and procedures, co-ordinating system conversions from an operations perspective
- Working with internal stakeholders to maintain third party costs within forecast, reconcile and validate invoices and provide recommendations on opportunities for cost reduction
- Ensure third parties are managed in accordance with Jaja’s supplier governance policies and procedures and assurance is completed on a continuing basis
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all third parties to ensure the two-way exchange of information related to financials, strategies, priorities, requirements, disputes and issues
- Seek to continuously improve efficiencies related to supplier management practices, policies and reporting
- Support the business, as required, to ensure operational positions are compliant and that customer service meets required standards continuously
- Management of all stock positions across suppliers
- Leadership or representation across a wide range of recurring meetings and forums, accounting for c.40-50% of your time and therefore the development of structured delegation approach and training colleagues to cover these meetings in the post-holders absence
- Complete a level of call listening and calibration to ensure our customers are receiving fair outcomes and great customer experience aligned to our brand
- Review of quality MI to ensure fair outcomes are being delivered to our customers. Oversight and challenge to strategic supplier to improve quality through management of performance outliers
- Meet our regulatory requirements including, FSA reporting for Complaint
- Fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all services are delivered on time and company goals are met
- Work proactively with supplier to implement process and strategy improvement in order to maximise performance
Essential skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience in an outsourced supplier manager position in Consumer Finance or a closely related industry
- In depth knowledge and/or direct experience in Consumer Finance
- Experience of contract negotiation and regulatory outsourcing requirements
- Proven ability to develop and strengthen relationships with suppliers and key internal stakeholders
- Ability to influence at a senior level and collate and present data and insight to senior stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- Effective management of time and priorities to ensure all deliverables are met
Desirable skills and experience
- In depth knowledge and/or direct experience in Credit Cards
- Experience in managing suppliers across both Operations and IT categories
- Experience of working in a start-up, fintech or smaller organisation
- Knowledge of contract structure & legal language will be an advantage
What's in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- Competitive salary
- More exciting benefits you will hear about when we talk