Collections Supplier Performance Manager
Jaja is a consumer finance business, who launched its first product, a digital credit card, in 2018. Since then it has grown rapidly and has recently completed the acquisition of a multi £600m credit card portfolio. With backing from several major Private Equity funds, Jaja has an ambitious growth strategy that includes providing consumer finance in partnership with leading consumer brands, with a number of partnerships secured alongside an exciting pipeline of opportunities.
Jaja is on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time, and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple. We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for someone who thoroughly understands Collections and Recoveries to join us as a Collections Supplier Performance Manager, who cares deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and wants to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes with a ‘make simple’ mindset. The successful candidate must have a flexible, pro-active attitude and will be focused on developing and managing the supplier framework and performance with existing and new third parties. The role will cover our existing Jaja card and Asda Flexible Payments products and the recently acquired Bank of Ireland portfolio and include any future co-brands we’re working with.
This is a permanent role and will be starting in November and will be a hybrid working model with home working being the focus
- Ownership of supplier/Third party KPI performance
- Support the development of the Collections and Recoveries strategy with our strategic partners and operational centres
- Work with existing teams to manage Quality assurance across sites
- Drive value by working with our suppliers to ensure we stay at the cutting edge of innovation
- Work with the wider Jaja management team to share best practice and knowledge.
- Execute Jaja’s sale and placement strategies, supporting and garnering support from other areas as required
- Support the ‘customer first’ agenda across Jaja
- Complete an audit of current capabilities and those at TMS (our partner for the Bank of Ireland portfolio), and develop a roadmap for building new capabilities
- Evaluate current and potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support business alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of the engagement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on goal setting, managing the balance in supplier relationships to support the achievement of agreed commercial outcomes.
- Ensure all outsourced activity is managed effectively and in line with all regulatory requirements and is accurately measured, reported on and using that data, continuously enhanced
- Proactively review emerging techniques and technology from within Jaja and outside to continuously refine and enhance the Collections and Recoveries strategy and execution thereof
- Support line manager with presentation and communication of performance KPI’s
- Support Jaja tech teams with any testing requirements
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK. They will meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a leadership or management capacity in consumer FS Collections and Recoveries or operational client management - breadth is as important as depth
- Experience of working “Client Side”
- Knowledge of key regulatory requirements and standards
- A willingness to roll-up sleeves, be flexible, and take responsibility for making positive change
- Well-developed Adobe/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
- A hunger and excitement to work for a fast-growing business
- Experience of working for a Fin-Tech operating in credit cards
- Good interpersonal skills with a touch of humility
- Experience of managing a debt sale
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a dynamic team environment
- Able to manage a variety of different tasks and processes, at any one given time
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You are a reliable and structured professional and excel in a flat team structure where trust and integrity is the key foundation for everything, we do
- You’re a problem solver, and must be able to work collaboratively across the business and with external parties
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday.
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- What we’re doing at Jaja excites you!
Jaja are in the simplicity business and they are building a team who look at the world a little differently. People that look at the needlessly complicated and say ‘that’s nuts’. Folks that are bold enough to challenge convention. And brilliant enough to actually change it.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- A flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do
- Competitive salary
- Regular Social Sessions where we get together as a team to get to know each other better and to celebrate success
- Flexible remote working