Role: Optimisation Analyst
Reporting To: Optimisation Manager
Contract location: TBC
Working style: Hub (Flexible working between home and office)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30 pm. (some weekend cover may be required project dependant)
Travel Requirements: Some travel required to partner sites & offices. (<20%)
Our Company Values Are: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Empathy, Passion
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business, leading initially with a digital credit card launched in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making.
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
We’re looking for someone who is truly passionate about optimisation and innovation in financial services to join us as an Optimisation Analyst. The successful candidate must have a flexible, pro-active attitude and be focused on championing digitisation, simple process excellence and the voice of the customer in all that we do
About The Role
As one of our Optimisation analysts you’ll be a go to point for many exciting opportunities to drive the business forward and to make sure that all our customers walk away smiling after every interaction with JaJa. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Identification of opportunities to enhance operational activities at every level – for example this might be about removing unnecessary paper, streamlining processes to make them simple, equipping operations with technology and mandates to make customers really delighted and improving the job satisfaction and performance of people within Operations and across the wider team
- Implement and manage idea generation - inspire and engage colleagues
- Monitor operational performance and listen to customers
- Keeping up with advances in the industry, technology, and changes in consumer preferences in general; leveraging the best of the best for Jaja
- Represent Operations in the design of new processes. As we develop new products, onboard new business or migrate portfolios, you will be the face of operations in ensuring new processes are designed simply and effectively. Ensuring end to end customer journeys are considered with appropriate measures & controls.
- Creating and maintaining our knowledge base. Creating customer journey & value stream maps are just part of the story. Work instructions and guides are also needed. You will create & manage content in collaboration with all stakeholders and obtain sign off before publishing in a central knowledge base.
- Working in collaboration with other teams across Jaja including Technology, Credit Risk and Compliance to name but a few, you’ll design our future, You’ll may also collaborate with teams externally such as our suppliers and partners. Teamworking and collaboration will be your middle name as you fulfil your mission of Operations Optimisation!
What skills you’ll need
- Analysing data, problems, and opportunities with an innovation mindset to develop proposals and plans that ensure that the Customer Experience and Operations are truly “Made Simple”
- Turning ideas into reality through strong solution design and business case development
- Process mapping (Customer journey, Value stream)
- Writing work instructions & Guides for your operational colleagues
- Acting as an Operations SME in strategic projects within JaJa to ensure that Operations is effectively engaged and that it is ready to support and deliver new initiatives
- Balancing the needs of our customers, the company, and our regulators to push the boundaries and revolutionise the customer experience
- Communication of your ideas and recommendations, but also in guiding others to execute the processes
- Bring your personality to the table - smile, give opinions, feel accountable and want to go home knowing you’ve made a difference!
- Can work on multiple initiatives at the same time, whilst being able to keep up with the detail
- Likes to collaborate
- Well organised
- Likes to get involved in the nitty gritty
- Problem solver
- Strong delivery approach, including the ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a dynamic team environment
Experience & Qualifications required:
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK. They will meet the following criteria:
- Credit Card and Financial Services Experience – especially within Operations
- Experience of how data driven innovation and technology can optimise the Customer Experience and optimise operational delivery
- Experience in Process creation, mapping, and evaluation
- Experience in creating recommendations based on cost benefit analysis
- Well-developed Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, including dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- You’ve got a strong track record of being committed to achieving success in an academic and professional setting
- Experience in collating and analysing data
- Lean Six sigma or similar qualification
- Worked in Front line service delivery
You should apply if:
- You care deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and want to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes to make things simple
- You are a reliable and structured professional who excels in a flat team structure where trust, integrity, and collaboration are the key foundation for everything, we do
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- What we’re doing at Jaja excites you!
What's in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- A flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself!
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do
- Competitive salary
- Regular Social Sessions where we get together as a team to get to know each other better and to celebrate success
- A Pension plan