Customer Strategy Manager
Description of the Business Unit
The Customer Strategy Manager sits within the centralised Analytics Office. The role reports into the Head of Customer Strategies.
Purpose of the Role
As the Customer Strategy Manager you will have the responsibility of defining and bringing to fruition our strategies to achieve good outcomes for our customers, partners and the business.
What’s the opportunity?
A great opportunity to build out the customer strategies for an existing book that has been migrated to a more digital experience and define the strategy for newly acquired customers. The main focus of the role will be on customer engagement and experience, with collaboration stretching across the business to IT, Commercial, Operations, Collections, Fraud & Finance.
You will work in a dynamic fast paced environment, delivering a significant change agenda for a business that is shaking up the Consumer Finance industry. Working with a passionate set of colleagues who excel at delivery you will have a varied and interesting portfolio of activity that is not constrained by the status quo.
- Define and deliver credit limit increase and decrease strategies, with key consideration to customer experience and outcomes, as well as overall profitability and regulatory guidelines.
- Develop customer engagement strategies, such as balance transfer offers and spend stimulation.
- Manage the credit risk and affordability strategies, with the ability to articulate and demonstrate good outcomes for our customers.
- Responsible for analytics covering Credit Risk, Marketing, Collections, Fraud & Operations
- Knowledgeable on all data sources used within the customer journey, ranging from TSYS and traditional bureau to alternative data.
- Provide insightful analytics on adhoc queries, whilst also building out our Tableau suite of reporting to minimise rework where possible.
- Explore new data sources that can be built into the journey to be used within machine learning models.
- Develop and manage risk return models.
- Tracking of portfolio performance, expected versus actuals, with regards to individual pieces that combine to achieve overall profitability.
- Manage and support the development of a small team of highly skilled analysts
- Leading by example and rolling up sleeves to get things done.
- Embedding structure and setting the right foundations for the future, with a strong focus on automation where possible.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and adhering to policies and procedures, or prompting for the definition of these where they do not yet exist.
- Engaging with other areas within the business and with our partners, enabling insights that allow us to simplify processes for our customers and differentiate Jaja from other products.
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday.
Essential skills and Experience
- 5+ Years’ experience working in a Credit Card business/division
- Strong coding skills and understanding of data structures
- Analytical background
- Quick learner
- Good influencing and stakeholder management skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of Alteryx & Tableau
- Python/R (for occasional use)
- TSYS raw data / other credit card platform
- Exposure working with varying data sources used for decisioning
- Experience using AWS environment (Redshift connections, with S3 data lake)
- Understanding of regulations that apply to the credit card market
What's in it for you?
The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
Healthshield Cash plan
Employee assistance programme
Personal and business travel insurance