About JaJa Finance
Jaja is a consumer finance business, launching its first product, a digital credit card, in 2018. Since then it has grown rapidly and has recently completed the acquisition of a £530m credit card portfolio from the Bank of Ireland. With backing from several major Private Equity funds, Jaja has an ambitious growth strategy that includes providing consumer finance in partnership with leading consumer brands, with a number of partnerships secured alongside an exciting pipeline of opportunities.
Jaja is on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time, and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple. We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Description of the Business Unit
The Technology team is responsible for making sure that Jaja customers receive fantastic service in a simple, efficient and effective way. We do this by developing leading edge technology, being knowledgeable about our business, and having a passion for delivering great customer service. We relentlessly look for improvements in the way we run our business.
- JaJa operates two client presentation layers through Mobile Native App’s (Kotlin & Swift) and Web Self Service Portals utilising AngularJS
- We host a microservices architecture build with Java Spring Boot Framework using REST API and Kafka as their communication layers
- We currently use AWS as a PaaS but run a vendor agnostic core tech platform that is built to be natively multi-cloud
- JaJa actively runs a CI/CD pipeline to build our docker images that run on our self-scaling Kubernetes clusters
- We adopt an Agile delivery framework in terms of Scrum with focus on feature delivery teams
- Playing a major role in carrying out day to day responsibilities of testing, to ensure the delivery of the new technology on time and with minimal risk to BAU.
- Execution of functional, end-user, UAT, black-box and business tests.
- To create and maintain test data concerning test in the plan for execution.
- To write detailed reusable test cases, ensuring they represent the full set of functionalities being tested, within the clients IT landscape.
- Record and analyse test results, instigate and progress error procedures for any defects found.
- Translate business strategy design requirements into appropriate configuration within TS2 and other interfacing systems, checking that the planned change produces the intended results and remains in line with agreed Card risk appetite, strategy and Business rules
- Manage the technical implementation of major and crucial change projects into TS2 and all systems that interface into daily TS2 processing including core applications such as app and statements
- Where significant issues arise that have a high and immediate impact on Card customers, you will own remediation activities from solution design through to implementation and ensure that recovery activities are executed flawlessly
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge in Credit card industry and with recognized tools (TSYS TS2 and all TSYS applications, TRIAD)
- Proven track record of delivering complex, industry standard and regulatory projects (i.e. Persistent Debt, PSD2, 3DS)
- Ability to work con-currently on multiple projects and take ownership of complex work streams and make key contributions
What's in it for you?
The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
Hand brewed Scandinavian style coffee served fresh from Jaja Bar every day
Friday drinks and social Jaja Sessions where lofty ideas are rewarded
More exciting benefits you will hear about when we talk