Role: Project Manager
Reporting To: Head of Optimisation & Change
Contract location: London
Working style: Hub (Flexible working between home and office)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30 pm. (some weekend cover may be required project dependant)
Travel Requirements: Some travel required to partner sites & offices. (<20%)
Our Company Values Are: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Empathy, Passion
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business, leading initially with a digital credit card launched in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making.
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Why join us? This is a chance to make a real impact in a growing business on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
We have a flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself!
It is a unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do.
About The Role
As our Project Manager and a member of the leadership team, you’ll will lead and deliver change initiatives & manage the prioritisation of our change pipeline. Driving our business forward to make sure that all our customers walk away smiling after every interaction with JaJa.
Your will be responsible for (not limited to):
- Lead, and implement Operational change projects spanning across technology, channels, and business processes.
- Project Governance and structure thought the change lifecycle - Managing the ‘end to end’ execution of formal programme governance and routines through production of appropriate materials including plan management, RAID, meeting materials etc.
- Represent Operations and act as an SME in strategic projects within JaJa to ensure that Operations is effectively engaged and that it is ready to support and deliver new initiatives
- Ensuring successful outcomes according to the agreed parameters of what good looks like or documented in associated business case.
- Prioratisation & scheduling of change in line with sprint timeframes and within budget
- Provide key business updates to stakeholders and forums
- Conduct post implementation tracking to ensure benefit realisation and capture key learnings
- Collaborate with Jaja colleagues and partners to leverage talent and expertise, create engagement, and ensure alignment for all changes.
- Relationship management of partners and suppliers to support change and transformation programme initiatives
- Find creative ways of working to balance the peaks and troughs of multiple concurrent initiatives such that being ‘fleet of foot’ and efficient is a measurement of success
- Support other activity as required within optimisation or wider operations.
- As a core part of the JaJa family you’re here to help to shape the business as we grow!
We’re looking for a focused professional with a knowledge of financial service operations, who is ready to lead by example and is used to rolling up their sleeves to get things done. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of delivering change to further strengthen and develop the Operations business.
- Previous experience in similar Change, project management & project office based roles within Banking and/or Financial Services
- Direct Operational experience
- Relevant project / change management qualification
- Adaptable to working in a small team, able to leverage a strong cross section of expertise in a FinTech company whilst comfortable working alone
- A track record of leadership success that demonstrates a rounded knowledge of how businesses work in an-ever transitioning environment
- Embedded and practised ability to recognise priorities, schedule workloads and manage time effectively
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment
- Recognised capability to easily interact and work alongside key stakeholders including senior executives
- Well-developed Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, including dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and overcome challenges
- Confident in engaging with senior colleagues; passionate about making a difference; and eager to be outside of your comfort zone when new challenges arise. Every day will offer a new opportunity!
- Able to use your knowledge and experience to embrace tasks that may deviate from the norm but reflect the versatility and mindset that you have brought to Jaja and its confidence in you
- Bring your personality to the table - smile, give opinions, feel accountable and want to go home knowing you’ve made a difference!
- Experience of Lean Agile delivery
- A working knowledge of Credit Cards