Role: Optimisation Manager
Reporting To: Head of Optimisation & Change
Contract location: London
Working style: Hub (Flexible working between home and office)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30 pm. (some weekend cover may be required project dependant)
Travel Requirements: Some travel required to partner sites & offices. (<20%)
Our Company Values Are: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Empathy, Passion
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business, leading initially with a digital credit card launched in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making.
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Why join us? This is a chance to make a real impact in a growing business on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
We have a flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself!
It is a unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do.
About The Role
As our Optimisation Manager and a key member of the leadership team, you will innovate and transform our customer service delivery to make sure that all our customers walk away smiling after every interaction with JaJa.
Your will be responsible for (not limited to):
- Create an approved roadmap of optimisation initiatives which support business priorities and goals
- Seeking out opportunities the business analysis, value stream mapping and data analytics to improve the operational business whilst also optimising costs
- Keeping up to date with advances in technology and change, leveraging the best of the best for Jaja
- Working with colleagues across the business to represent Operations supporting design and continuous improvement.
- Inspire and track ideation through feedback loops from customers and colleagues.
- Create compelling ideas and solutions supported by structured business cases and cost benefit analysis.
- Support the onboarding of new business whether that’s new Jaja customers, Co-Brand delivery or acquired portfolio migrations
- Balancing the needs of the customer, the company, and our regulators to push the boundaries and revolutionise the customer experience
- Acting as an SME in strategic projects within JaJa to ensure that Operations is effectively engaged and that it is ready to support and deliver new initiatives
- Collaborating with and facilitating others to ensure that we’re all on the same page and that our approach is truly optimised
- Support other activity as required within optimisation or wider operations.
- As a core part of the JaJa family you’re here to help to shape the business as we grow!
- Create and manage an internal knowledge base which maps the customer journey across our processes and supports: training, process audit requirements and on job guidance for colleagues.
We’re looking for an experienced business optimisation professional with a knowledge of financial service operations, who is ready to lead by example and is used to rolling up their sleeves to get things done.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK and meet the following criteria:
Required Skills & Experience:
- An innovative and curious mind, which is happy to question and challenge the status quo and seek alternative ways of doing things.
- Creative - find ways of working to balance the peaks and troughs of multiple concurrent initiatives such that being ‘fleet of foot’ and efficient is a measurement of success
- Ability to apply knowledge and learning to new situations.
- Relevant qualification in process optimisation / re-engineering
- Frontline operational experience
- Experience of how data driven innovation and technology can optimise the Customer Experience and optimise operational delivery
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision within a small dynamic team environment
- A hunger and excitement to work for a fast-growing business
- Well-developed Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, including dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Confident in engaging with senior colleagues; passionate about making a difference; and eager to be outside of your comfort zone when new challenges arise. Every day will offer a new opportunity!
- Able to leverage a strong cross section of expertise across the company and externally.
- A track record of leadership success
- Bring your personality to the table - smile, give opinions, feel accountable and want to go home knowing you’ve made a difference!
- A working knowledge of Credit Cards
- Knowledge of Confluence, Jira