Role: Data Governance Manager
Reporting To: Chief Legal Officer
Contract location: London
Working style: Hub (Flexible working between home and office)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week. Typically, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30 pm.
Travel Requirements: Low
Our Mission: To be the UK’s Digital Lender of Choice
Our Company Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Empathy, Passion
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business, leading initially with a digital credit card launched in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making.
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple.
We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
Why join us? This is a chance to make a real impact in a growing business on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever.
We have a collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself!
You will join our growing team and will support the team in delivering our progressive Data Governance agenda.
- To establish and embed formal Data and IT Governance processes within our existing platform
- To identify areas of with regards to data and IT, and lead initiatives to resolve compliance issues
- Provide expert consultative guidance in areas around IT and Data Governance and Compliance
- To help build a robust data governance framework to drive a demonstrable improvement in data quality across the company.
- Ensure Jaja is compliant with the regulatory requirements of current and future, service, and delivery requirements of company.
- Be the point of contact for all external audits and compliance requirements
- Define, implement, and communicate data governance Framework
- Ensure alignment of information security data governance with the Jaja's business objectives
- Ensure compliance with the applicable legislative and regulatory interpretation and corporate risk appetite
- Lead, develop, manage, and maintain Jaja data governance deliverables including compliance measurement, deviations, and security risks.
- Align the data governance program to the company priorities
- Engage with all third-party auditors and regulatory authorities or where needed
- Report on the risks of the company
- Ensure Risks are mitigated where possible
- Support project planning and management and plan to ensure best practices are followed for ISO standards ITL and PCI DSS within Jaja
- Own the approach to establishing formal Data Governance processes across in-scope projects
- Drive results on high profile strategic projects that require support in areas such as data migration, document/ contract management and data quality
- Support the definition of a governance framework and attend or administrate appropriate forums and governance working groups
- Develop and maintain education tools and documentation to support our stakeholders