HEAD OF OPTIMISATION
Jaja is a consumer finance business, launching its first product, a digital credit card, in 2018. Since then it has grown rapidly and has recently completed the acquisition of a multi-£000m credit card portfolio. With backing from several major Private Equity funds, Jaja has an ambitious growth strategy that includes providing consumer finance in partnership with leading consumer brands, with a number of partnerships secured alongside an exciting pipeline of opportunities.
Jaja is on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time, and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple. We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
We’re looking for a creative yet focused professional with a knowledge of Credit Cards who is ready to lead by example and is used to rolling up their sleeves to get things done. The successful candidate will head up our optimisation function, developing and delivering an exciting agenda to further enhance the Operations business.
As Head of Optimisation you will ensure the advancement of our capabilities across technology, channels, and business processes. You will need to be hands-on but able to see the bigger picture; confident in managing resources and relationships across multiple areas; passionate about making a difference; and driving a robust yet efficient business. You will be able to leverage an eclectic set of skills across the entire organisation to create the best opportunities to ensure we offer a service to our customers which aligns to the brand.
In addition, you will bring organisation, structure, governance and planning to ensure the successful delivery of our change pipeline. Confident in engaging with senior colleagues; passionate about making a difference; and eager to be outside of your comfort zone when new challenges arise. Every day will offer a new opportunity!
Purpose of the Role
As a change and optimisation expert you’ll be a go to point for many exciting opportunities to drive the business forward and to make sure that all of our customers walk away smiling after every interaction with JaJa. Your responsibilities will include:
- Using own experience and expertise to be the driving force of change and optimisation across the entire customer journey
- Seeking out opportunities to improve the operational business whilst also optimising costs
- Keeping up to date with advances in technology and change, leveraging the best of the best for Jaja
- Driving Change through excellent project management methodology ensuring successful outcomes according to the agreed parameters of what good looks like
- Undertaking design, business analysis and problem-solving activities that will overcome challenges and help improve servicing to our customers
- Working with colleagues across the business to represent Operations supporting delivery of the wider business change agenda
- Relationship management of partners and suppliers to support change and transformation programme initiatives
- Managing the ‘end to end’ execution of formal programme governance and routines through production of appropriate materials including plan management, RAID, meeting materials etc
- Find creative ways of working to balance the peaks and troughs of multiple concurrent initiatives such that being ‘fleet of foot’ and efficient is a measurement of success
- Use your knowledge and experience to embrace tasks that may deviate from the norm but reflect the versatility and mindset that you have brought to Jaja and its confidence in you
- Support the onboarding of new business whether that’s new Jaja customers, Co-Brand delivery or acquired portfolio migrations
- Leveraging tools and data from across the business to seek out opportunities to improve our offering for existing and future customers
- Building a varied external network to ensure we’re leading the way in financial services
- Bring your personality to the table - smile, give opinions, feel accountable and want to go home knowing you’ve made a difference!
What’s the Opportunity?
- Creating, developing, and delivering a varied roadmap of optimisation & change
- Analysing data and problems to create opportunities to innovate to ensure that the Customer Experience and Operations are truly “Made Simple”
- Leading multiple projects and initiatives, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, to make the optimisation and magic happen
- Balancing the needs of the customer, the company, and our regulators to push the boundaries and revolutionise the customer experience
- Acting as an SME in strategic projects within JaJa to ensure that Operations is effectively engaged and that it is ready to support and deliver new initiatives
- Collaborating with and facilitating others to ensure that we’re all on the same page and that our approach is truly optimised
- Delivering change through adaptable project management and strong control
- Ensuring that change plans are prioritised and managed to maximise opportunity and budget
- As a core part of the JaJa family you’re here to help to shape the business as we grow!
Experience & Qualifications required:
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK and meet the following criteria:
- Credit Card and Financial Services Experience – especially within Operations & Change
- Experience of how data driven innovation and technology can optimise the Customer Experience and optimise operational delivery
- Experience of leading projects, and making things happen
- Strong delivery approach, including the ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a dynamic team environment
- A hunger and excitement to work for a fast-growing business
- Well-developed Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, including dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- You’ve got a strong track record of being committed to achieving success in an academic and professional setting
- Experience of Lean Agile delivery
- Project Management certification or significant project experience
- Degree level qualification or similar in highly relevant subject e.g. Engineering, Technology, Business, Data & Analytics, Consumer Behaviour / Psychology.
- Innovative mindset
- Tenacity to get the job done
- Likes to collaborate
- Well organised
- Likes to get involved in the nitty gritty
- Delivery orientated
- Problem solver
You should apply if
- You care deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and want to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes to make things simple
- You are a reliable and structured professional who excels in a flat team structure where trust, integrity, and collaboration are the key foundation for everything, we do
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- What we’re doing at Jaja excites you!
Jaja are in the simplicity business and they are building a team who look at the world a little differently. People that look at the needlessly complicated and are bold enough to challenge convention. And brilliant enough to actually change it.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- Competitive salary
- Hand brewed Scandinavian style coffee served fresh from Jaja Bar every day
- Friday drinks and social Jaja Sessions where lofty ideas are rewarded
- More exciting benefits you will hear about when we talk