COLLECTIONS STRATEGY MANAGER
Jaja is a consumer finance business, launching its first product, a digital credit card, in 2018. Since then it has grown rapidly and has recently completed the acquisition of a multi £600m credit card portfolio. With backing from several major Private Equity funds, Jaja has an ambitious growth strategy that includes providing consumer finance in partnership with leading consumer brands, with a number of partnerships secured alongside an exciting pipeline of opportunities.
Jaja is on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time, and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple. We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for someone who thoroughly understands Collections and Recoveries to join us as a Collections Strategy Manager on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must have a flexible, pro-active attitude and will be focused on developing our Collections and Recoveries strategy, leading on the execution of that strategy, including engaging with existing and new third parties and supporting the development team to enhance our capabilities in this space. Initially the role would cover our existing Jaja card and Asda Flexible Payments products and the recently acquired Bank of Ireland portfolio, but will very quickly also including supporting some of the co-brands we’re working with.
This is a position we would like to fill ASAP and is a perm role.
- Overall ownership of delinquent customers, the performance of that portfolio and all Collections and Recoveries KPIs and SLAs including those delivered by our third party partners
- Develop the Collections and Recoveries strategy covering both the existing Jaja card and Asda Flexible Payments products, but also the incoming Bank of Ireland card portfolio, working to have a consistent joined up approach across multiple card processors, partners and operational centres
- Coach the Jaja (split across London and Dublin) and TMS Ops teams on Collections and Recoveries best practise, operational optimisation and tools and techniques wherever possible, and coach the wider Jaja team on the importance of managing Collections and Recoveries and understanding customers
- Execute Jaja’s sale and placement strategies, supporting and garnering support from other areas as required
- Support the ‘customer first’ agenda across Jaja
- Complete an audit of current capabilities and those at TMS (our partner for the Bank of Ireland portfolio), and develop a roadmap for building new capabilities
- Ensure all activity is managed effectively and in line with all regulatory requirements and is accurately measured, reported on and using that data, continuously enhanced
- Proactively review emerging techniques and technology from within Jaja and outside to continuously refine and enhance the Collections and Recoveries strategy and execution thereof
- Support of Jaja’s central project testing workstream
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK. They will meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in a leadership or management role in consumer FS Collections and Recoveries (ideally credit card); breadth is as important as depth
- Experience of working with third parties in the Collections and Recoveries space
- Experience of managing debt sales
- Experience of new and emerging tech in the Collections enviro.
- Knowledge of key regulatory requirements and standards
- A willingness to roll-up sleeves, be flexible, and take responsibility for both the scheme set-up and the impact on the programme and the customer
- Well-developed Adobe/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
- A hunger and excitement to work for a fast-growing business
- Experience of working ‘client side’
- Experience of working for a fin-tech operating in credit cards
- Experience of working with TSYS/TMS
- Good interpersonal skills with a touch of humility
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a dynamic team environment
- Able to manage a variety of different tasks and processes, at any one given time
- Ability to work at pace without compromising quality
- Well organised
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough
- ‘Completer finisher’
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You care deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and want to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes smarter
- You are a reliable and structured professional and excel in a flat team structure where trust and integrity is the key foundation for everything, we do
- You have a minimum bachelor's degree
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday.
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- What we’re doing at Jaja excites you!
Jaja are in the simplicity business and they are building a team who look at the world a little differently. People that look at the needlessly complicated and say ‘that’s nuts’. Folks that are bold enough to challenge convention. And brilliant enough to actually change it.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- A flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do
- Competitive salary
- A fully stocked kitchen with fruit, squash, tea and coffee
- Regular Social Sessions where we get together as a team to get to know each other better and to celebrate success